I actually made some oat meal cookies last night with no eggs. Worked out great. (chocolate chips optional) Save a baby chicken!
1 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup boiling water
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Beat butter or margarine, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.
2. Add flour and salt, mix well.
3. Dissolve baking soda in boiling water and add to mixture. Stir in rolled oats, raisins and chocolate chips.
4. Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes.
5. Don't over cook.
6. (There are no eggs in this recipe, I didn't forget to type it down). Makes 3 dozen