Q: How do we contact you for questions or guidance?
A: You can contact us anytime by visiting this page.
Tanya Quinn: firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service General: email@example.com
Direct office phone: 850-269-0190 or 877-465-6641.
Q: What do you trade and why?
A: We do live day trading alerts of the Dow E-mini futures YM contract & ES S&P in our live audio/visual chat rooms. If you are currently trading stocks and looking to try futures out, you’ve come to the right place. We recommend, if you follow our trading signals, that you trade them on whatever instrument you’re comfortable with. Our TTW (Trades That Work) system will work on a variety of different markets, including the markets tracked by the emini futures. Learning to day trade while producing wins is no easy feat. The goal of this site is to help new traders accomplish this task. The system gives exact entry/exit/stop prices in the live audio chat trading pit. Please note, that under any circumstances futures trading contains a high degree of risk.
Q: Can you make money day trading when the market is going down every day?
A: YES! That’s the great part about day trading the futures markets. There is no limit to the amount of short contracts available like in stocks. You can make money when the market goes down. Whether you feel this is un-American or not is of no consequence. Tons of people are doing it every day. Short selling is alive and well. If you don’t know what short selling is then we’ll teach you. When you put on a position you MAKE MONEY when the market takes a dive.
Q: What is PureTick Advisor Program and how do I use it?
A: Some traders like reading, studying hard and digging right into our educational materials. Some prefer more of a ‘hands’ on approach. With the PureTick.om Trading Advisor that is possibile. You can actually have one of our advisors call you personally for a one-on-one training session for a minimal fee. Most traders who take part in the PureTick.com Trading Advisor see an improvement in their trading almost immedately.
Q: Will you PAY me if I send someone to PureTick’s web site?
A: Absolutely! Check out PureTick’s affiliate referral program. Even if you don’t want to learn to day trade and would like to generate some extra cash each month, we’ll accomodate you. One of our affiliate members last month made over $3,400.00 just from sending other people over to the web site! For more information click here!
Q: What are some of the trade setups or methods you use and teach in your trading service?
A: In addition to Alex’s TTW Trigger/Filter system, we also teach, trade, and call various other great trading setups. You can see the success of these setups in our trading methods and dead zone track record.
Q: How do I start trading for a living? Where do I begin? I’m a bit overwealhmed by all of this! Suggestions?
A: Call a PureTick.com Advisor today 850-269-0190 or 877-465-6641, they will help you develop a strategy that is right for you.
Q: Does the head trader Alex provide any personal one-to-one phone consultation for those who may be in need of a little extra assistance?
A: Yes. Alex does provide a phone consultation service. If you wish to receive a phone call from Alex, please tanya@PureTick.com with your name and phone number.
Q: Do you do personal one-on-one education or on-line training?
A: We offer a five day one-on-one interactive training course in beautiful Destin, Florida, PureTick’s Headquarters. You’ll sit next to and interact with our Head Trader and Co-Founder, Alex Wasilewski. Working with Alex you will analyze the markets as he signals trade alerts throughout the day. You will be able to scan and analyze in real time for high probability setups and trades and trade them. Click here for more information.
Q: What is a futures contract?
A: An agreement/contract to buy an underlying security or commodity at a fixed price at a “future” date. There are a ton of great advantages to trading futures over stocks including smaller margin requirements. Note: smaller margin means increased risk. Index futures (almost like a mutual fund or ETF) are made up of a group of stocks traded under one symbol. The Dow E-Mini futures contract (symbol YM) reflects the price action of all the 30 Dow stocks. This investment approach allows the investor to take advantage of changes in the index, without actually buying the individual securities which make up the index. We buy and sell these contracts intra-day and do not hold over night. Thus, you do not ever need to concern yourself with the futures contract expiration date. You trade them just like you would any other normal stock.
Q: I’d like to open an account to trade futures. What brokers do you recommend?
A: Most of our users are using one of these two brokers below. They both offer ALL online applications and have a minimum $5,000 start up account requirement.
Mirus Futures powered by Zenfire – Call 1-800-496-1683
Interactive Brokers – (877) 4IB-BRKR – www.interactivebrokers.com
Q: I’d like to try out trading futures on a simulator. Where should I go?
A: NinjaTrader offers a FREE built-in trade simulator and Free historical data from Kinetick. They also connect to all leading independent market data providers and brokers including Mirus Futures. Visit www.ninjatrader.com for a free download or contact us for more information at:
Q: How do I access the member login page?
A: Click here.
Q: Do you have a live trading room with real-time trading calls?
A: Yes, we have a live audio/visual trading conference room. AlexLW (Alex Wasilewski) is the head trader and makes the trading room calls in both audio and text, giving us as much of a heads up as possible so that members have enough time to evaluate the calls for themselves and enter their trades. To see a video of the room, click here. Exact targets and stops are given ahead of time as well as what our actual fills are. Please visit our Trading Products page for more information on our trading chat rooms.
Q: What are some of the common terms used in the trading room?
A: Please see this post for that information.
Q: Is there a place where I can review the day’s trading calls and room activity?
A: Yes. We’re required to keep an accurate track record, so feel free to take a look. Each day a summary of the day’s trading performance and activity is posted in the “Intra-Day Trading & Performance Records/Room Logs” bulletin board forum in the “Discussions” page of the PureTick.Com site. Click here for a sample daily recap and trading room transcript. Our head trader Alex posts his actual trade executions on a daily basis to the following web page, where the weekly and monthly results are constantly updated: Live Trading Performance. These results are hypothetical based on our actual trading signals.
Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
A: Payment is accepted by Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover Card, Money Order and Personal Check. Click here to join online and for current prices.
Q: How do you differ from the other live trading rooms and services out there?
- We provide trading calls that can be entered easily, even by newbies.
- Detailed specification of stops, desired entry price and targets before the move is already over.
- We focus on quality opposed to quantity of trading calls. If you are an experienced trader, we think our trading system and calls can compliment your own methods.
- We have a sincere desire for our members to succeed in their own trading and be successful from our calls.
- We have a detailed track record that is updated and published on a daily basis.
- We offer mindset coaching through Halo Partners LLC.
- We started the PureTick.com Academy because “WE BELIEVE THAT TRADERS ARE NOT BORN, THEY ARE TRAINED.”
Q: Can a user share their own trading ideas in your live trading room?
A: Yes, we always encourage exchange of ideas between members.
Q: What is the “dead zone” and should I leave during this period?
A: Lunchtime, dead time, the doldrums or dead zone refers to the trading time which occurs between 11:45 A.M. EST and 1:45 P.M. EST Most professionals are at lunch during this time, often leaving the market flat with no volume. Setups in this time period rarely work out. It’s a good time to go get yourself a healthy snack or enter your morning trades into your journal. We recognize that some of our clients want to be alerted when all signals fire. If we are in the trading room and a trade fires we will call it. But those trades will not be part of our official track record.
Q: How do I cancel my chat room subscription to TTW/PureTick?
A: We want our users to learn and profit from their subscriptions. You must cancel at least one full day before your next billing date in order for our system to update properly. Cancellation requests may NOT be done via e-mail. Please call 877-GO LONG1 or 850-269-0190. Click here for information on cancellations for your subscription.
Q: Why do you suggest NEWER traders start with the YM contract?
A: Here are a few reasons why we suggest traders start out by focusing on the Dow E-Mini YM:
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average (YM) is the most widely watched index of large-cap US stocks followed by the S&P 500 (ES). It is considered to be a bellwether for the US economy.
- Less slippage. If you get a bad fill on the YM it will only cost you $5 per contract. A bad fill on the ES will cost you $12.50 per contract. This is the equivalent of your broker calling telling you he’s charging you an additional $7.50 per market trade.
- Margin requirements are less on the YM.
- The ES/ER/AB tend to be overly volatile at times. Sudden ramps that pierce through stops are not uncommon. Newer traders can not handle this action.
- Often times the ES can be used as a leading indicator to foreshadow moves in the YM. We take advantage of this in our trigger system to increase our odds.
- Please see this video on how trading the Dow YM saves you money. Click here to watch.
Q: Do you day trade or swing trade stocks?
A: Our Dow emini futures day trading calls do not directly apply to stocks. However, if your account is not set up to trade the emini futures and you want to follow our signals, it is possible to trade the stock index ticker DIA (Diamonds Trust) in lieu of the YM (Dow emini futures). Trading 500 shares of the DIA is about equivalent to trading one futures contract of the YM, as these two instruments move in tandem. It is of course better if you follow our signals for the intended instrument (YM). Occasionally, we might offer swing/range advice on stocks. Any such advice will not be part of our official track record, as our day trading calls are primarily focused on the Dow emini futures. Although we do not make official day trading calls on stocks, the founders of PureTick.Com have past experience either day trading, swing trading or investing in stocks and we are happy to answer any questions.
Q: Where can I learn more about the method Alex trades with?
A: Alex will answer any questions you have about his methods in the live trading room. When Alex makes his day trading calls, he provides a detailed explanation of why he is entering or exiting a particular trade, so that room members can learn about the TTW (Trades That Work) trading method in addition to benefiting from the calls.
Q: What are the advantages to trading futures instead of stocks or other instruments?
A: There are many very compelling reasons why most serious traders prefer to trade futures YM to stocks. Here are a few of those reasons. If you wish to know more information about a specific point, feel free to e-mail us.
- Market liquidity, Futures are always liquid enough. Market orders are instant. No strange fills or jumps in price.
- The spreads are never going to be huge like they can get on stocks, decreasing causing slippage.
- Focusing on one instrument day in and day out is less complicated and more productive Most everyone who is successful in the trading business started out by mastering one particular market. We’d rather be the master of one market then a jack of all trades. Each individual stock has it’s own characteristics of price movement and it’s character can change from day to day, making it either a good or bad choice to trade at any given time.
- Freedom. You don’t need to wake up 3 hours before the market opens to scan for stocks or opportunities to trade.
- Share size allocation is easier.
- RISK: We’ve seen stocks that plunged 20 points due to a random company event. While global economy reports move the futures from time to time, it’s never as unpredictable as a single stock can be.
- There are always shorts available. There is no up tick rule you need to follow.
- The $5/tick range of the YM e-mini futures contract makes for lower slippage.
- Bang for the buck. A futures trader making 1 – 3 trades a day and can make as much as multiple stock juggling traders.
- Less stressful. Concentrating on one liquid market each day will improve your focus and allow you to work on your setups. Keeping track of 5 – 10 securities can be cumbersome.
- Market direction. You don’t have to follow systems that mirror the indices/ sectors, as eminis ARE the indices. Stock traders constantly have to follow the cues from the indices to track their positions. That means you need mulitiple eyes to follow all those charts.
- Less investment in hardware and software. I used to own 3 PCs accompanied by 3 monitors. Now I have 1 PC and 1 monitor. Also, I used to use 4 charting services, now just 1 main, 1 backup and its free!
- Very infrequent surprise gaps to deal with. The futures markets are virtually always open. The e-minis trade 23 hours a day with a pause between 16:15 – 16:45 EDT. When terrorists attacked the London underground in the early hours of the morning, if you wanted to, you could get out in minutes and not have waited until the market opens to dump the stocks along with the panicking crowds.
- There are NO market makers playing games with the particular stock.
- There are NO routing decisions to make: “ECN? ARCA? REDBOOK????? Oh man, could have gotten a better fill with ARCA!”
For another article on this subject see this post.
Q: Who are the “founders” of PureTick.Com?
A: PureTick.com was founded by two successful day traders, Alex Wasilewski and Geoffrey Lay. Please see the About Us page for more information. The PureTick system continues to produce a highly successful and accurate record to this date.
Q: How do I gain access to your live trading room?
A: Visit our Live Trading page for more details.